[UFO Chicago] Evolution

Elliot Shank clonezne@galumph.com
13 Nov 2001 20:33:28 -0600

On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 17:41, Ian Bicking wrote:
> I just recently messed up my Emacs mail reader (Mew... not bad), and
> after being thoroughly frustrated by it I've switched over the evolution
> too.  It's pretty decent, though the editor for composing could be a lot
> better.  If only Ctrl-Backspace worked I probably wouldn't care so much.
>
> I can't figure out why it won't let me spellcheck, though.  And,
> unfortunately, you can't yet redefine the keys (which is odd, since I
> thought that was mostly built into GTK).

I'm getting auto-spellchecking (a.k.a. the squigly red underline), plus
there's the Edit | Spell check document menu item.

As far as changing the keyboard, yes, you can't do the ones for the
browsing aspects of the system, but the mail composer can have its keys
changed via the Gnome Control Center HTML Viewer settings.