[UFO Chicago] Evolution

Elliot Shank clonezne@galumph.com
11 Nov 2001 13:46:53 -0600

I've gone and done it... I've switched my email proggie to Evolution.
Finally a decent GUI email reader for Linux.  Very nice.  Compared to
Netscape, it's a lot faster: marking 6000+ messages as read with
Evolution took less than a second, whereas Netscape could only do
100-150 per second (and, boy, you could hear the disk on every write).

(Keep your text based email readers to yourself.  ;]  I'm an old-time
elm user, but I've gotten to prefer the GUI ones.)

Only problem with this version (0.99.0, the first release candidate)
that I've found is when creating appointments, sometimes the start or
end times don't want to actually change; it occasionally takes several
attempts to get the time to "stick".