[UFO Chicago] More fun XF4.0 stuff!

Fri, 9 Nov 2001 14:17:07 -0600

Quoting Ian Bicking:
> Okay, things are going okay, I reinstalled xfonts-base and it works
> now.  Usually Debian doesn't do that sort of thing... but no harm
> done.

rockin'

> Also, things get chopped off.  The spash screen on startup shows,
> like, the top 1/2, and the rest is black.  Same with the XMMS
> playlist, and the background of the Gnome panel.
>
> Anyway ideas what would be causing that?  It's very strange.  There's
> weird flickering too.

IME, when you start playing with DRI and GGI and XMC-wugga-FooGL,
weird things start happening. It could be some parameters you need to
send to the DRI drivers -- I would search google for your card type,
DRI, and words like "flicker".

But there you're getting into very card-specific voodoo and there's
just NO TELLING what the problem could be. Unless it's that pudding
that's leaking into the back of your monitor right now.

pedro