[UFO Chicago] More fun XF4.0 stuff!

Ian Bicking ianb@colorstudy.com
Fri, 09 Nov 2001 14:13:53 -0600

Okay, things are going okay, I reinstalled xfonts-base and it works
now.  Usually Debian doesn't do that sort of thing... but no harm
done.

So I've upgraded my kernel to support DRI on my Matrox G200 card.  I'm
using the MGA driver for X, which I believe is appropriate.

So X starts up, and It's really odd.  The mouse cursor doesn't show up
-- the mouse it working, though.

Also, things get chopped off.  The spash screen on startup shows,
like, the top 1/2, and the rest is black.  Same with the XMMS
playlist, and the background of the Gnome panel.

Anyway ideas what would be causing that?  It's very strange.  There's
weird flickering too.

  Ian