[UFO Chicago] Re: bkuhn post talk shindig?

Wed, 30 May 2001 18:43:19 -0500

Quoting Larry Garfield:
> We haven't planned one yet, but I am certainly open to one.  Brad said
> he wanted to "talk" with our officership after the meeting, so that he
> can try and convince us to go whole-hog in supporting GNU/Linux, not
> just mere Linux.  (Not quite his wording, but very close. <g>)  There
> are a couple of decent pubs across the street, as well as a Giordanos
> if you like pizza.  There are other restaurants in walking distance,
> too.  It is the heart of Chicago. :-)  I'm open to a geek food
> gathering, but if it's more than six people or so then we may need to
> make a reservation.  I should probably also tell John not to bring
> pizza to the meeting, then. :-)

It seems to me that you guys should write up an official announcement,
including some "after talk entertainment," be that a pub or pizza. Most
people will go to a pizza place but some people don't like bars, if
that's any matter. (And you can get beer at the pizza place.) I'll be
happy to forward it on to the LUNI list (http://www.luni.org/)  -- so
far, the only thing they know is that he's coming to town (and their
meeting is on Wed. so they're trying to get him to go to that).

The other thing is that UFO Chicago is TOTALLY about what he's talking
about, inasmuch as we're interested in free software; not "just linux".
That's not a slam to wonderful lugs everywhere, but it's just our focus.
So it kills me that I can't be there, and I'm hoping that some of the
UFO people can make it.

pedro

--
write below this line (for office use only)