[UFO Chicago] Re: ufo Subscribe Notification

Peter A. Peterson II pedro@flynn.zork.net
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 00:07:48 -0600

Quoting Bernard:
> Not yet.  I am hanging around waiting for my paperwork to be
> processed.  The INS has it at the moment and then it is off
> to the Department of Labor.  Apparently there's a big backlog
> in visa processing at the former so I have no idea of my
> actual start date.  I will let the world know as soon as I
> have some idea of my timetable.  I am still looking forward to
> crackmonkey night in your hood.
> 	At least I can hang around here a bit longer and wait
> for the Chicagoland weather to become.... a little less brisk.
> It seems that spring is edging into the Bay Area so I am
> not complaining.
> 	All the best,
> 		Bernard

The current plan is to have the UFO meetings on the 2nd and 4th
Thursdays, and start having "Chicagomonkey (working title)" meetings
probably on the filler thursdays in between. Not quite sure how it will
all pan out. It will probably be a little less than that, because every
thursday is kind of hard to handle, unless we really get a ton of people
from the local universities, which I plan to hit next week. Anna will be
here, but I think we'll just go for a drive.

I'm also going to make a little shameless self-promotion on the luni
(linux users of northern illinois) list, jsut so that cityfolk like
ourselves can find us.

pedro

robotfindskitten.org -- free zen simulation
xy003.net -- free rock opera
robotfindsxy003.net -- No match for "ROBOTFINDSXY003.NET".