[UFO Chicago] UFO MEETING REPORT! ACHTUNG!

Elliot Shank clonezne@galumph.com
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 00:01:14 -0500

"Peter A. Peterson II" wrote:
[snip]
> AND PRESENTING, IN THEIR UFO CHICAGO DEBUT PERFORMANCES:
[shnip]
> --->Elliot!<--- (or is it Eliot, or Eliott, or Elliott, or L.E.Utt)
>
> weu!

Woo, indeed, getting the spelling right on the first try and proceeding
to immediately forget said correct spelling... but I'm not bitter...
nope, as long as someone doesn't decide they want me to sue them.

> Then I retold the short version of flynn's recent corporate spinoff
> maneuver (into Flynn and Flynn North). I made some hand gestures about
> where my apartment was, and the pencilheads at UFO Chicago quickly
> pointed out that it should be Flynn EAST not North. So SUE ME!

Hey, I'm a programmer and as such, I've got to make sure everything is
/precisely/ correct.  One little off-by-one compass direction in the
system and suddenly Nipsey Russell is launching a raid on Lichtenstein.

Hey, what was that last sentence?!

> Then we really got into the meat of tonight's discussion, that is,
> Wireless Networking, costs, feasibilities, plans, etc. This is what Nate
> Riffe's rough numbers look like:
[snip snip]

Interesting coincidence... on the same day as said gathering discussed
said subject, this showed up:
http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20010628.html.  Apple Airports
and New Zealanders add up to $1400 bucks for two nodes.

> Finally (all else discussed shall fade into the oblivion of our
> imperfect memories), I suggested that we, the members of UFO Chicago,
> adopt arbitrary names that sound impressive, since Jack and I sort of
> arbitrarily nominated ourselves President and Vice President of UFO
> Chicago. So, I am going to formally note that while I still retain the
> title of President (should it one day prove useful for any reason), I am
> now, officially the CEO of UFO Chicago, and I recommend that all members
> and all future members invent their own titles and positions therein and
> use them with great ostentatiousness.

With that in mind...

All the best,

e., Chief of Doing Things That Other People Do-- Only Not Quite the Same
Way, UFO Chicago