[UFO Chicago] e-mail help

Thu, 28 Jun 2001 19:09:40 -0500

Quoting Peter A. Peterson II:
> Tom, I really think you should set up a Debian GNU/Linux box on some
> decent PC hardware and learn to administer it. You could start with
> exim or postfix, then put apache on there, then mailman etc., etc.
> e-smith sounds like a pretty cool use of/for free software, but I
> would seriously wonder about security, updates, et al. Plus, if you
> DIY*, then you've DIY and You Know How. Also, then you're *only*
> paying for the hardware. (Of course, then you don't have a support
> contract, either...)

If you want to go that way, I'd even volunteer to help you do the
install or whatnot at North Park just so you're up and running smoothly.
(Or, maybe Jack and I could take a fieldtrip to your office or
something, just so we get the network info right, etc.) The caveat to
this offer is that I will be out of town until the 9th of July, a bit
longer than "in the next few days."

pedro