[UFO Chicago] friendly reminder...

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 15:26:37 -0500

to all ayleens:

Some of you have noticed that your posts have been "moderated," so to
speak. In case this has caused some confusion, The ufo list is set to
subscriber-post only, which means that you have to send mail from the
subscribed address or it will get stuck and someone (me) will have to
approve it. Mail goes right through for users who send from their
subscribed address.

For those of you who want to be subbed to one address but send from
another address there are a few options. You can subscribe from that
address and set it to web only (or whatever the option is), or I can put
that address into a specific exemption list. This policy may seem
annoying, but it keeps spam off the list, which is a Good Thing.

I'm leaving Chicago for the weekend, and I won't be able to send your
posts through, which is why I'm mentioning this now. Also/consequently I
won't be able to add your addresses to the exemption until Sunday night
at the earliest.

I would prefer to not have a lot of addresses in the exemption list, if
that's possible, and I think that mutt can use different from addresses
depending on the recipients.

Finally, this list is really coming along. I like the spread of
techincal and non-technical banter. I like the humor and the camraderie,
aww shucks, I just LOVE YOU GUYS!

Now, I'm off to the north woods to hug men and practice the harmonica.

pedro

<plug type="obligatory">
"I'm running Debian Stable, so I'm not sure if that made
life any easier for me."
</plug>