[UFO Chicago] Re: [LUNI] Softroad

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 11:12:53 -0500

Quoting Tom Printy:
> Hello,
> 	Does anyone know what happened to the softroad project? I am
> interested in joinging starting a open 802.11 network in chicago.  It was
> my understanding that softroad was trying to do this but it seems that
> thier web site is down. Does anyone have and information on softroad?

I have no clue about softroad, but it's my understanding that one of the
guys from the Seattle Wireless project is now living in Chicago, and
some of the folks at UFO Chicago (Nate Riffe from the DePaul LUG and
myself) were talking a bit about an open, public 802.11 network.

I'd be interested in a project like this, too.

pedro

<plug type="obligatory">
"I'm running Debian Stable, so I'm not sure if that made
life any easier for me."
</plug>