Fw: [UFO Chicago] Social Life

Paul Suda paul@manufaxure.com
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:48:05 -0500

Yeah, I suppose I got kind of wound up. I guess I'm kind of dense with
stuff like that.

You mentioned that you might not make it to a UFO meeting too soon, is that
because you live far away? Are you currently attending any other LUGs? What
are the meetings like? how many people?

Hope you don't mind all of the questions. I'm just curious about who's out
there and what the rest of the community is like. If anyone else on the
list can answer these questions too, please do. Since I moved here a year
ago, I've been trying to get a clear picture of what and where Free
Software related groups are in the chicago area.

And keeping with the subject of this Social Life thread, it might be nice
to try to compile some kind of list of groups and contact info for each
one. I have never seen anything like this for the chicago area, closest
thing I've found is the list up at http://luni.org, which I think is still
missing alot of groups. It would help us plan a big event in the future,
and be a big help to newcomers to the area who are trying to figure out the
best meeting for them to attend.

paul