[UFO Chicago] open gl dependencies...

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 11:09:45 -0700

begin  Paul Suda quotation:
> Thanks for trying out Clockwork. This was something I was worried
> might be a problem for some people. Is it giving out the trouble
> when you run ./configure, or when you run make to build it? What
> messages are you getting when and before it fails?
>
> It requires GL and GLX to be installed, you will most likely want to
> use MesaGL if you are installing on Linux. MesaGL is available as a
> package with most distributions or from http://mesa3d.org/. You will
> need to make sure that both the libraries and the header files are
> installed. Version should not be a big issue. Clockwork should build
> fine even with older versions of Mesa or any other GL implementation

For me, it's balking on the GL libs:

checking for glXCreateContext in -lGL... no

Cannot find Open GL libraries.

dpkg -l '*mesa*' shows me:
ii  xlibmesa-dev   4.0.3-4        XFree86 version of Mesa 3D graphics library
ii  xlibmesa3      4.0.3-4        XFree86 version of Mesa 3D graphics library
ii  xlibosmesa-dev 4.0.3-4        Mesa/XFree86 offscreen rendering library dev
ii  xlibosmesa3    4.0.3-4        Mesa/XFree86 offscreen rendering library

	So apparently the XF86 version of mesagl doesn't provide the
function you're looking for.

However:

[beaujolais(~/clockwork_src_0.1.0a)] grep CreateContext /usr/include/GL/*
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:extern GLXContext glXCreateContext (Display *dpy, XVisualInfo *vis, GLXContext shareList, Bool direct);
/usr/include/GL/osmesa.h: *   OSMesaCreateContext - create a new Off-Screen Mesa rendering context
/usr/include/GL/osmesa.h: * Values for the format parameter of OSMesaCreateContext()
/usr/include/GL/osmesa.h:GLAPI OSMesaContext GLAPIENTRY OSMesaCreateContext( GLenum format,

	So I'm not quite sure why configure is barfing.

Pedro: try "apt-get install xlibmesa-dev" to install the necessary GL
headers and libs.

Paul: SuSE is a pile of cruft!  Get Debian!

--
You are not entitled to your opinions.

	01234567 <- The amazing* indent-o-meter!