[UFO Chicago] Newsflash! Sklyarov Denied Access To Russian Consul

Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:46:26 -0500

In case you dont know about this, here's a link:

And some more information:

----- Forwarded message from Bill Scannell <bill@scannell.org> -----

I just got off the telephone with Vladimir Katalov.

Katalov informs me that the Russian embassy has been denied access to
Dmitry Sklyarov, a flagrant violation of international law.  No
Russian consular official has spoken to Sklyarov since his detention
earlier this week.

In addition, Sklyarov's wife and two children have not heard from
their husband and father since his arrest.  They are understandably
worried sick for his safety.

It is believed Dmitry Sklyarov is being held in solitary confinement.

As an American who honorably served in the armed forces,  I am ashamed
for the actions of my government.  This cannot stand.

Telephone numbers:

US State Department: 1-202-647-6575
Russian Embassy: 1-202-298-5700
Russian Consul (SF) 1-415928-6878

Call.  Get your friends to call.  Call again.

Please disseminate this information as widely as possible.

-Bill