[UFO Chicago] Announcement! Stuff!

Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:31:26 -0500

Quoting Sean Neakums:
> I'm sure Mr Peterson won't raise any objections.  I have none.

Thomas,

The Users of Free Operating Systems of Chicago, Illinois grants you free
license to bring whatever sort of operating system to meetings on
whatever medium (tape, disk, magneto-optical, cd, dvd, wire, hard disk)
you so choose. For it is by intimate knowledge with inferior operating
systems that we continue to seek the good. (He says, writing the email
via puTTY on a Windows 2000 box.)

pedro

PS: Also, we shouldn't go plugging stuff in a George's and whatnot -- a
laptop would be ok, but a bunch of stuff, and George might not be so
crazy about that. However, we're more than welcome to come over to
campus and plug stuff in, including the PCI card (I'm sure we can get
drivers online). I think we should probably hang out at George's for an
hour or two, just to make sure that we have everyone that's coming, and
then head over to campus. If we bring some extension cords, we could
even try some distance testing. (Throw an extension cord into your car
if you have a 25-footer at home.) We could plug machines in at each end
of the street and see how we do, as well as try putting some trees and a
building in between our signal. Woo!

Peter A. Peterson II, CEO Users of Free Operating Systems, Chicago USA
http://ufo.chicago.il.us -- Free Software Rules -- Proprietary Drools!