[UFO Chicago] Clockwork Programming Language version 0.1.1a release!

Tue, 10 Jul 2001 18:45:59 -0500

Quoting Paul Suda:
> PS. Peter, I talked to you about setting up an email list for clockwork on
> the tastytronic server at the last meeting. If that offer is still
> available, I would love to do that. I'll leave the name and configuration
> of the list up to you, just let us know when it's ready to use and we can
> move any discussion about the clockwork programming language over there. If
> you have any questions for me, or if there are any list maintenance
> responsibilities I can help with, let me know.

I'll respond to this here, since it will be good for other people to
see.

Paul, I went ahead and created the list.

Note that there isn't any information there -- because you can fill it
in yourself via the web forms. I configured it similarly to the ufo list
-- subscriber post only, notify you of subscriptions, etc. What I should
really do is make an "example" list and put the password here on the
list so you guys can play with mailman's configuration options to see
what it's like.

Anyway, Paul, it's really self explanatory -- you need to fill in
descriptions and additional text for new subscribers and stuff like
that. It's important to use the full url, or else the cookie wont work
properly.

WHen mailman wants to ask you a question, it will email you a link that
you follow. This is how I've had to allow Nate's posts through (since he
was emailing from a different address). But then I just went ahead and
made an exception for him, under the "privacy management" section (since
list-members-only is a privacy option).

If you have any questions, feel free to mail me on the list, and i'll
answer them.

For the rest of you, please see:

http://www.tastytronic.net/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/example/

If you want to play with the configurations to see what it's like, email
me off list, and I'll send you the password (so it's not in the
archives). Regardless, I will delete this example list in a week or two,
just for security's sake.

> PPS. What do you debian veterans use to configure X? I tried XF86Setup,

I use XF86Setup, and hand tune normal things like font servers and some
mouse settings.

It works well, but if I try to run XF86Setup with my "defaults" (say if
I wanted to change something,) the video is all screwed up, even though
I know my chipset is right.

pedro

http://tastytronic.net/ufo/  --------------- Users of Free OS Chicago
http://robotfindskitten.org/ ---------------    Free Software Zen Sim