[UFO Chicago] XP and XT on Linux? (James Clark's, not Bill Gates's)

Laurence O Garfield lgarfiel@students.depaul.edu
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:28:39 -0500 (CDT)

> > Does anyone else here have any experience using James Clark's java-based
> > XP XML parser and XT XSLT parser?  I'm trying to set them up on a system
> > and I'm getting an error when I try to run one the demos.  In particular,
> > it's complaining that com/jclark/xsl/sax/Driver cannot be found.  That's
> > interesting, considering that XP includes SAX, and XT comes with sax.jar
> > as well. Does anyone have any helpful experience here?
>
> What's your classpath?

CLASSPATH=.:/usr/local/xp/xp.jar:/usr/local/xt/sax.jar:/usr/local/xt/xt.jar:/usr/local/xalan-j_2_2_D6/bin/xerces.jar:/usr/local/xalan-j_2_2_D6/bin/xalan.jar

I have both XP and Xalan (Apache project's XSLT engine) installed now.  I
get the same error on both when I try to run them.

com/jclark/xsl/sax/Driver

(When I try to run Xalan, I get the same error but with a different class
listed.  In either case it's the one I'm trying to run on the command
line.)

So it doesn't look like it's an XT specific error, it's a java config
error.

--Larry Garfield