[UFO Chicago] TRON Special Edition 20th Anniversary DVD

kiran kiran@telocity.com
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 20:29:22 -0600

> I don't see what your point here is.  The studio owns the copyright in
> the movie.  As the holder of the copyright, they are entitled to do
> what they like with it, which includes selling it on DVD and making a
> handsome profit.

Thank You.

Maybe we need a copyleft Film/video foundation...just a thought.

That would mean you get all the film/video/sound footage too. Humm...
this could be dangerous, think of all the budding film(re)makers that
would popup ;)......and edit on GNU/[linux && Hurd] enabled Editing
systems? No more "The film was great, but the ending sucked!" or "That
explosion would look better in ASCII!" (one I hear a lot).

The idea isn't so much that they are the "enemy" (yes, despite their
short sighted greedy errors), but that we are the friends. The "Us &
Them" game never is a good way to live in general. Let your wallet
follow your conscience.

--
/kiran