[UFO Chicago] Foster Ensemble Concert

Sat, 15 Dec 2001 16:21:15 -0600

Say, I said that when we were going to have a concert, I'd let you
know. (Specifically, Eliott.)

yes, the Foster Ensemble is the a cappella octet that I sing in and
the reason that I'm late every thursday night. We are having a concert
of christmas music tomorrow evening at 7:30, and I believe the
admission is free, although they may "pass a hat," I don't know what
the arragements are. (i stay out of those discussions.)

Anyway, it's at 7:30, and it's in a big church two blocks east of
Western and Wilson. Tomorrow. I forgot to mention it at the pizza
par-tay. If you want to hear what we sound like, here's a sample:

http://tastytronic.net/~pedro/fe/Ave_Verum_Corups-Byrd.mp3

The repertoire is sacred, mostly renaissance, with some 20th century
and a few more "popular" pieces. I think that all the music is
Christmas themed. All highly accessible music.

Anyway, there it is. It'd be cool if anyone wanted to come, but no big
deal if you didn't.

pedro

PS: Foster Ensemble. Funny name, huh? We should really do a concert
that's all Stephen Foster music.

         FREE DMITRY SKLYAROV -- http://www.freesklyarov.org/