[UFO Chicago] chicago-area high speed internet

Vitaly McLain Vitaly McLain" <vitalym@ix.netcom.com
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 17:17:04 -0600

Unfortunately, it turns out they don't have any DSL at my local CO. :(

Don't worry, I'm in Buffalo Grove, right next to the border with Long Grove,
which means no cable modem (even though its available within a 5 minute
walk), no more Sprint Broadband (not accepting new customers), and, no DSL.
Well, there _is_ DSL, but it's IDSL (DSL over ISDN), and I am not willing to
pay $80/mo for a 144k connection ;)

In case you're wondering, I knew about where to go on InterAccess' site
because they are one of the many ISPs I dealt with at my summer job.

Vitaly McLain <vitalym@ix.netcom.com>
"Am I sick? Perhaps. Am I a dinosaur destined for early extinction? Yeah,
probably."
-- Steve Gibson