[UFO Chicago] chicago-area high speed internet

Quinn Slack qslack@aboutpcs.com
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 17:00:42 -0600

Hi,
I'm in Winnetka (a northern suburbs) and I use Interaccess (they
recently changed their name to Hosting.com, though, but they still
offer DSL) for my SDSL.  I pay around $60/mth for 416/416kbps with
incredible pings, almost no downtime (a few hours in the past two years
that I've noticed), and the ability to use as many computers as you'd like.

They give you a DSL modem which outputs ethernet, so you can hook it up
to any computer (I have an OpenBSD router doing NAT for the rest of my
computers).  I run plenty of servers and download quite a bit, and they
don't mind.

Oh, and their tech support is competent.  I highly recommend Interaccess/
Hosting.com...and no, I don't work for them. :)

-Quinn Slack