[sklyarov-chicago] July 30th Protest

Michael Cannon korbomite@yahoo.com
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:38:59 -0700 (PDT)

Has anybody thought of another way to do this:

the protests are cool and we should also be thinking
about co-ordinating smaller-scale leafletting and
viral marketing (free dmitry URLs in every mail
message anyone sends, that link to the site) but:

how about we put on a show, gang?  or a charity
dance...say a 'Surrender Your Freedom Ball' or a
'Bread and Circuses Anti-DMCA Cotillion' or a street
party?  I'm sure people in this list and others know
some DJs and Mixmasters/club guys/gals that could do
the music (maybe even some bands...GOD, if we could
get Billy Corgan, or James Iha who've expressed some
sympathy for the movement...but I'm fantasizing...)
anyway, there HAVE to be SOME bands/DJs who support us
rather than the Korps...anyone up to help me organize?
 Say, all profits to the 'Dmitry Defense Fund' or the
EFF or EPIC?

Mike
--- "Peter A. Peterson II" <pedro@tastytronic.net>