[sklyarov-chicago] July 30th Protest

Jack Edwards edwardsj1@tastytronic.net
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:36:57 -0500

Quoting Peter A. Peterson II:
> Quoting Steve Stearns:
>
> THe other idea I had was to put people on opposite corners all through
> the loop, for maximum, regular corner coverage -- so that people walking
> through the loop would constantly be greeted by another person with a
> sign. You could do this like so:
>
>   [].'[].'[].'[]. []
>   [].'[].'[].'[].'[]
>   [].'[].'[].'[].'[]
>
> Where the points are right on the corners of the curbs -- and they can
> rotate and face the pedestrians from the direction they're coming from.
> It could be a cool thing for people to witness though, mobilization on a
> broad scale.

First of all, I'm sorry for missing today's protest, I was up late
working on a paper and I slept through my alarm. I'll be there next time
though.

Secondly, I think the petition idea is a good one. At the first protest,
a few people asked me what they could do, so I asked them to write their
elected officials. Chances are no one did that, so having a petition
there ready for them to sign would have been a good thing.

Thirdly, I really like the idea of posting people with flyers at
different corners throughout the loop. This was something that I thought
would be a good idea at last weeks protest, but I didn't do anything
about it in the interest of maintaining a unified front. However, as
long as the people with signs are in front of the federal building, I
think it would be good for people with flyers to be spaced out over the
area for maximum coverage of the loop.

Jack D. Edwards:             edwardsj1@tastytronic.net
User of Free Software:      http://tastytronic.net/ufo
Aspiring Tech Writer: http://flynn.zork.net/~edwardsj1