[sklyarov-chicago] Special Weather Statement for Chicago, Illinois (fwd)

Nate Riffe inkblot@geocities.com
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 09:36:38 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Sean D. Francis wrote:

> Nate Riffe wrote
>
> >High pressure stretching from New England to the upper Ohio Valley
> >the next few days will be responsible for an increasing southerly
> >flow of warmer and more humid air. As a consequence...an excessive
> >heat watch is in effect for the 8 county chicagoland area for
> >Tuesday and Wednesday for heat indices possibly reaching or
> >exceeding 105 degrees.
> >
> In other words, bring water, prepare to sweat, and don't over exert
> yourselves.

And on that note, I'm sad to report that I'm not feeling too hot today.  I
woke up with a very dry throat, congestion, and a little upset
stomach.  This started Saturday night while I was out of town.  Anyway, I
have a very strong urge to go back to bed (and I didn't just get up) and
am in a condition requiring plenty of fluids without exposing myself the
tyranny of noon on a midwest summer day.

I'll work on the behind the scenes.  Letters to Congress and such.  I'll
make a trip down there if things clear up.

-Nate