[sklyarov-chicago] Protest Organization

Michael Cannon korbomite@yahoo.com
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 20:12:33 -0700 (PDT)

DMCA refers to Digital media...books are exempted, I
believe...

also magazines and newspapers...they are already
covered by copyright and trademark statutes...the
publicized reason for the DMCA was the
'disintermediation effects' of the 'new media' like
internet and ebook technologies, that threatened the
existing legal transfer and distribution mechanisms
for IP...

Good idea, and the Newberry IS a worthwhile cause, but
this has nothing to do with the DMCA...

...the DeCSS idea DID...so would source for Dmitry's
little 'invention,' now that it's been open-sourced...

Mike