[sklyarov-chicago] Protest Organization

Jason P . peleron_2000@yahoo.com
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 22:01:46 -0500

I think this is a a really good idea:

> 	Here's a (possibly lame) idea I had: hand out books.
>
> 	Buy a few dozen from the quarter bin at the nearest used
> bookstore, and
> offer people one. [...]

But I wish I had read this *before* hitting the Newberry library booksale
tonight... Of course, it's still on tomorrow and sunday, paperbacks only
$.50. And an excellent case in point, since the whole "booksale to support
the library" thing is, incredibly enough, in danger of being made illegal.

Yep, the more I think of it, the more this seems like almost the ideal way
to make the point and concretely demonstrate the rights that are threatened
by the DMCA.

JP