Fwd: Re: [sklyarov-chicago] [ssteele@eff.org: Re: Why Mueller? Can You Say 'Pressure Point'?]

Michael Cannon korbomite@yahoo.com
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 08:50:46 -0700 (PDT)

Wack a mole is fun.

Seeding division in the ranks of the enemy is fun.

The point now should be to pressure the EFF to keep
the pressure on Adobe, the DoJ and paid puppets of the
DMCA like SChroeder and Feinstein.

BTW, could someone send that girl from TechTV a 'Free
Dmitry' T-shirt?

Mike
--- "Peter A. Peterson II" <pedro@tastytronic.net>

http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,45522,00.html)

> [...]
> > before DefCon 9 to the State Department and he
> never
> > would have been allowed in the country.  Instead,
> > Warnock and company lobbied Mueller (actually,
> > probably started with Ashcroft, but we'll NEVER
> prove
> > that without a LOT of FOIA paperwork) for his
> arrest,
> > rather than a writ of exclusion from the State
> > Department.
>
> I agree with you here. It was despicable that Adobe
> chose to allow him
> to come to the states in order to arrest him, rather
> than just keep him
> out of the country. But this would not support
> Adobe's desire for
> someone to squeeze (Dmitry). They let him come in,
> they didn't ask for a
> writ of exclusion, because THEY WANTED TO ARREST
> HIM! It's SIMPLE! And
> you say it yourself -- we can't prove they
> specifically and personally
> lobbied Ashcroft; do we know that they actually got
> the green light from
> Mueller? If we don't know that from a reliable
> printed source, I will
> not make accusations about him, regardless of what I
> think of his
> politics.
>
> > I'll keep repeating that, Peter until you see the
> REAL
> > tragedy here.  What I don't understand is why YOU
> are
> > so hesitant to go after a corporation and people
> like
> > Mueller.  They amke PERFECT targets to get the
> 'Joe
> > Six-Packs' up in arms.  Rich white geeks with
> > doctorates, and the FBI...that appeals across ALL
> > demographics.
>
> I won't "go after a corporation and people like
> Mueller" because we do
> not know the TRUTH about what happened. We DO know
> that Dmitry is in
> jail. We DO know the DMCA is a rotten piece of
> legislation. We DO know
> that we can write to our representatives and make
> people squirm just by
> being on the streets. I am not in the business of
> taking "perfect
> targets" and slandering them with information that I
> CANNOT
> SUBSTANTIATE. It's one thing to suggest that people
> boycott Adobe
> because of their pro-DMCA stance. It's another thing
> to tell the world
> about Mueller's involvement in the case based on
> speculation.
>
> Unless you provide me with this information, I am
> not going to argue
> about this any longer. We are wasting the groups
> time, tolerance, and
> motivation. I appreciate your passion and
> enthusiasm, Mike. I don't know
> if anyone else on the list has as much as you do.
> But I'm afraid you're
> maybe jumping the gun.
>
> Later today I'll be sending some information to the

=== message truncated ===