[sklyarov-chicago] [ssteele@eff.org: Re: Why Mueller? Can You Say 'Pressure Point'?]

Michael Cannon korbomite@yahoo.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 21:02:24 -0700 (PDT)

Somebody needs to ask Ms. Shari of the EFF:

1.  Who is the NOMINAL US Attorney?  If it is Mueller,
than he is responsible, as anything done in his
district is done in his name and identified with him.
If he has the title, than he is the responsible party.
 After all, there ARE such things as telephones and
email.  Finally, on this issue, what was he working on
in Washington?

2.  Where has all the money disbursed to the EFF for
Dmitry's defense gone?  Why does Dmitry STILL have a
public defender?  Why are we hearing nothing from the
EFF?  Why is Nightline interviewing Cheney and not
Marty or you?

3.  It seems that we are far more effective at getting
things done than you folks are.  Why should we listen
to you?  You've been working to get this thing
defeated for 3 years...we worked for 3 days and got
more coverage than you have in all that time.  Again,
what do we need you for?  It seems that all you folks
are doing is exploiting this to pump up your
membership rolls and your Treasury.  Where has the
money gone?

Mike Cannon
Chicago
--- "Peter A. Peterson II" <pedro@tastytronic.net>
wrote:
> Keep this in mind, folks.
>
> pedro
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Shari Steele
> <ssteele@eff.org> -----
>
> Hi Seth.
> Mueller is not a target.  We found out today that he
> has been in DC for
> over six months as an Acting Assistant Attorney
> General.  There has been an
> Acting U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of
> California, and he is the
> one who has power over this decision.  Putting
> pressure on the Senate
> Judiciary Committee makes it look like we don't know
> what's going on, and
> putting pressure on Mueller potentially makes an
> enemy of the new Director
> of the FBI.
> Shari

> her bill, once upon a
> were involved with that
> > >
> > > Our exec. dir., Shari Steele.
> >
> >Shari, do you have any interest in getting in touch
> with Sen.
> >Cantwell?  She's on the Senate Judiciary Committee
> these days.
> >
> >Do you know what she thinks about the DMCA?  She
> used to be an
> >executive at Real Networks (boo, hiss) while she
> was on vacation
> >from being a Member of Congress.
> >
> >--
> >Seth Schoen
> >Volunteer Technologist
>    schoen@eff.org
> >Electronic Frontier Foundation
> http://www.eff.org/
> >454 Shotwell Street, San Francisco, CA  94110

http://www.eff.org/alerts/20010719_eff_sklyarov_alert.html