[sklyarov-chicago] deciding our issues (was: from Adobe)

Steve Stearns sterno@bigbrother.net
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 22:58:27 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Nate Riffe wrote:

> I vote to leave out Adobe.  Adobe has reversed itself WRT Sklyarov,
> although they still stand behind the DMCA.  This puts Adobe in league with
> most other content providers and I think singling out Adobe misrepresents
> the copyright giants as a group.  I also think that we should avoid
> attacking the pro-DMCA camp as it will inevitably lead to name-calling
> (the greedy corporate pig style arguments) which will get us nowhere fast.

Agreed.  Also I think the mueller issue is somewhat outside of what we
should concern ourselves with in protesting.  It turns this into a
personal attack on him which may hurt us.  I really think the
anti-dmca/free sklyarov aproach is good and we should keep our focus
there.

---Steve