[sklyarov-chicago] from Adobe

Wed, 25 Jul 2001 22:46:10 -0500

Quoting Nate Riffe:
> As a side note, I want everyone to know that our press release, protest
> information packet, and posters have been used at protests around the
> country.  People will be back to our site looking for more materiel.  I
> was not aware of the factioning going on around the country, but with that
> in mind I think our ability to produce potent content is that much more
> important.  I have faith in Mike's knowledge of Adobe's involvement and
> our collective ability to harness that knowledge in the form of a
> document.  If that document is not ready for the next protest, then so be
> it, we will refine continue to refine it for future use by us and other
> protesters.  The existence of that document could cure the splintering
> that is going on.

Hear, hear.

Chicago has been a boon to the country's protests through it's presence
(being one of the big 3 cities) and through the information it's been
able to create and disseminate. Several cities used our press release,
many built off of our protest packet for their own, and many places
printed up and used the .jpg on our site for their own handouts. That
kind of information unity across the protesting front is potent.

Mike, I would be happy to publish and advertise a reasonable,
even-handed document detailing the community's frustration with Adobe
Systems. In fact, I think there is a need for such a document.

pedro