[sklyarov-chicago] from Adobe

Phillip J. Birmingham phillip@bigscary.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 22:44:06 -0500 (CDT)

> Finally, this should not be surprising, but other groups around the
> country have splintered because of this very thing we're discussing --
> whether to attack broadly (including Adobe) or whether to go at it a bit
> more focused and reserved. I don't want to see Chicago's group face the
> same kind of dissolution.

	...coming in to the discussion a bit late, but it would seem smart
to remember that the more focussed we keep the discussion, the more likely
we are to get people who agree with us totally.  People who agree that it
was wrong to jail Dmitry Sklyarov, and that the DMCA needs to be taken to
the Congressional woodshed for a sound whuppin', may not proceed to agree
that it makes sense to continue to boycott Adobe, or to oppose Mueller's
appointment.  I'm not sure *I* agree with the last two, but am definitely
on board for the first two.

	Regards,
	Phillip