[sklyarov-chicago] Experiences

Jeff.Chimene@etest.com Jeff.Chimene@etest.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 16:01:51 -0700

Hi:

Some random thoughts before I pass out for the day:

O	Understand the fsck out of First Use and Fair Use. I had a long
discussion w/ a "family lawyer paralegal" about these issues. She's
absolutely convinced that there's no right to even excerpt a copyrighted
text, and that making tape copies of CD for personal use is "a grey area."
While her arguments may have been dicey, I didn't have the resources to
convince her otherwise.

O	 Find a way make this a local issue. We're not going to get local
press coverage until it's a story in the Metro section. I think the "Tragedy
of the Commons" may be a way of making this a local story. Then again, it's
been a long day, and I'm tired...

O	I really enjoyed meeting and working with people whom I am honored
to call my peers!

The Guy From Tucson,
Jeff Chimene