[sklyarov-chicago] Hey! GREAT JOB EVERYONE!

Scott Corley skylarov-chicago@scorley.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 15:25:00 -0500

Lucky us - it's only 2 hours after I left, and it's pouring rain.

That was a great spot to hand out flyers - we had the whole block pretty
much to ourselves, and great traffic in and out of the post office. I'd say
about 90% of the people that I approached took the flyer - pretty
surprising. A few people stopped to talk about it. One guy read the flyer,
listened to my brief explanation, and said, "ok, is there an email address
or what should I do" - I handed him the small cards we had with Senators
Dick Durbin and Peter Fitzgeralds contact info on it, and said, "let these
guys know what you think" -
and he said, "ok I'll do that."

So, if each of us got to even one person who will follow through with a
letter, it was a big success I think.

I was also back-flyered at one point. A young woman who seemed way too
interested in my flyer patiently listened to me talk, and then she handed me
the brochure she was handing out, titled something like "Help for the
depressed". And I thought I was looking pretty energetic out there...

Thanks to everyone who printed up flyers, particularly the little cards with
the senator contact info.

Scott
--
Scott Corley <scott@red-mercury.com>