[sklyarov-chicago] A Place To Park

Nate Riffe inkblot@geocities.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 08:19:15 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Peter A. Peterson II wrote:

> Quoting Nate Riffe:
> > > Ummm, where exactly would that be? I am not even sure what really constitutes
> > > the "loop". I have only been down there a couple times and the last time was for
> > > an interview at Motorola.
> >
> > Where are you coming from.
>
> I think he's coming from Milwaukee.

Take I-94 South (signs will say East) out of Milwaukee and all the way
into Chicago.
Exit I-94 at Congress Ave (Congress only goes east from there).
Turn left (north) on State Street.
Turn right (east) on Jackson Blvd.
Turn right (south) on Wabash.

There is a public garage on the right on Wabash about halfway down the
block.  Last I knew it was around $10-12, but I don't drive so I don't
keep up on parking rates.

>From the garage entrance:
Turn left (north) on Wabash.
Turn left (west) on Adams.
Walk two blocks and look for the big red sculpture in the middle of a big
patch of open concrete.  Like Pete says, it looks like a flamingo
pretending to be an osterich.

-Nate