[UFO Chicago] HDMI Port on Docking Station Doesn't Work With Linux

Jay F. Shachter jay at m5.chicago.il.us
Mon Mar 28 21:01:05 CDT 2022

Esteemed Colleagues:

I have an HP Probook 649 running various dialects of Linux, and I have
an HP HSN-IX02 docking station.  I can't get the HDMI port on the
docking station to work, although the USB mass storage ports work, and
the Ethernet port works, and the speaker port works.  Does anyone have
any advice on how to get the HDMI port to work on Linux?  The reason I
ask is that I want to connect my laptop to an external monitor about 2
meters away, and I don't have a VGA cable that's long enough.
Alternately, does anyone have a 3-meter VGA cable, male at both ends,
that you'd be willing to sell me?  (Although if I could choose between
those two alternatives, I'd rather solve the HDMI problem, just on
general principles.)

Thank you in advance for any and all replies.

                        Jay F. Shachter
                        6424 North Whipple Street
                        Chicago IL  60645-4111
                                (1-773)7613784   landline
                                (1-410)9964737   GoogleVoice
                                jay at m5.chicago.il.us
                                http://m5.chicago.il.us

                        "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"