[UFO Chicago] Hardware reco -- new keyboard?

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Tue Sep 15 12:10:43 PDT 2020

Hi

After months of working from home, I have decided I am ready for a new keyboard + mouse.  ACTUALLY, I switched employers and my new work laptop doesn’t have working function keys.  Which is horrible.  (And yes, I figured out how to fix that via Google, but still, annoying.)

I have found that most modern keyboards really suck, at least compared to a more “corporate” keyboard. The Logitech/Microsoft ones are super flimsy and huge.  I’ve used someone of the older ones that were heavier and better.

Anyone have a recommendation?

Rough list of needs:
  - QWERTY
  - function keys
  - don’t care about caps lock, but nice
  - USB is OK, not necessary to be wireless
  - must have PageUp/PageDown keys.  (It is horrid that Macs don’t have this.)

Brian