[UFO Chicago] VCF Midwest 2020 Cancellation (fwd)

James L Mazurek james at mazurek.chicago.il.us
Fri Jul 10 12:40:10 PDT 2020

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 15:36:20 +0000
From: VCF Midwest Planning <info at vcfmw.org>
To: james at mazurek.chicago.il.us
Subject: VCF Midwest 2020 Cancellation

View this email in your browser
https://us18.campaign-archive.com/?e=56d4eeb602&u=6d177060bd4511e27d05266a5&id=02ddfacc10

** We regret to announce...

There will be no VCF Midwest this year.

The conditions imposed upon us by the CoViD-19 pandemic and related
government regulations, as well as a depressed expected turn-out figure,
will make it impossible for us to host an event of the size and quality
our dedicated fans have come to expect.  Thus today we have terminated our
2020 contract with Waterford Banquets and the Clarion Inn hotel.

We recommend cancelling your hotel and travel reservations, if you have
made them, and we hope that you have not been too greatly inconvenienced
by our change of plans.

We also wish to express our thanks for the many responses we received to
our survey sent back in May.  Your feedback was informative, interesting,
humorous and most of all, essential in helping us make the right decision
about this year's show.

The good news is that we have an excellent relationship with our host
venue and have already locked in our contract for 2021.  Although a long
way off, plans will take shape early next year for that show, so please
keep an eye out for further announcements of VCFMW 16 (or will it be 15b?
We don't know yet!)

Also, following the lead of other cancelled festivals, we are considering
a Virtual VCFMW to be held on one or more of the dates allocated for this
year's show (Sept 12 or 13, 2020).  If we think we can pull off something
half as entertaining as the real thing, maybe we'll do it.  Watch your
email for announcements sometime in August.

Your humble(d) organizer -

- jason

** Twitter https://twitter.com/vcfmidwest
** Facebook https://facebook.com/vcfmw