[UFO Chicago] How Do I Download A Facebook Video?

jay at m5.chicago.il.us jay at m5.chicago.il.us
Fri Jul 8 01:30:36 PDT 2016

Centuries ago, Nostradamus predicted that Neil R. Ormos would write on Thu Jul  7 08:34:12 2016:

> The youtube-dl program
>
>   <https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/download.html>
>
> may help. Depite the "youtube" in the name, youtube-dl also includes
> facilities to download content from many other popular video
> delivery services (along with some audio-only services).

This is exactly what I needed.  It worked perfectly, and it is also a
perfectly example of the worth of this mailing list: a member asks a
question to which the answer is not generally known, and a kind and
knowledgeable reader posts a swift and accurate reply which helps not
only the original questioner but also other members of the list who
may want to know the same thing.

                        Jay F. Shachter
                        6424 N Whipple St
                        Chicago IL  60645-4111
                                (1-773)7613784   landline
                                (1-410)9964737   GoogleVoice
                                jay at m5.chicago.il.us
                                http://m5.chicago.il.us

                        "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"