[UFO Chicago] wolfram alpha is a search engine worth using

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Wed Jan 1 18:52:51 PST 2014

If you haven't already tried Wolfram's Alpha, I'd highly recommend it.  It
has many mathematical features, and tends to display charts and sources
for any data it suggests.

For example, at a recent meeting we were discussing which was larger --
Chicago or Toronto.  And then city vs metro.  This is perfect for Alpha:

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=population+of+chicago+vs+toronto

It's a different approach than google which is more document based; this
is more data based.  worth exploring, esp. if you have anything
computational or data to search for.