[UFO Chicago] Platform Rental For On-Line Class, October 28 thru November 1

Jay F Shachter jay at m5.chicago.il.us
Thu Oct 17 22:27:51 PDT 2013

Esteemed Colleagues:

A potential client needs me to deliver an on-line Perl class the last
week of October (the students are in Costa Rica).  We have run into
some trouble conducting practice sessions at the Shachter Computer
Labs and we suspect that the residential DSL in my home does not
provide adequate network capacity for the on-line training.  Can one
of you rent me, for four days (no class on Thursday, October 31), a
platform from which I can deliver this on-line training?  The
requirements are a computer with fast Internet connectivity, and a
speakerphone that I can use all day for the audio portion of the
training.  The speakerphone will be used only for outgoing calls (I
connect to a conferencing service); it need not have a telephone
number capable of receiving incoming calls.  It can even be VOIP,
provided that the network can handle the audio traffic.  There will be
no video; the network is needed only for monitor-sharing and for a
chatroom.  Nevertheless, we have begun to suspect that my residential
DSL is not adequate.

Please convey your offers using any of the means indicated below.  I
thank you in advance for your replies, and I hope that you and your
loved ones are well.

			Jay F. ("Yaakov") Shachter
			6424 N Whipple St
			Chicago IL  60645-4111
				(1-773)7613784   landline
				(1-410)9964737   GoogleVoice
				jay at m5.chicago.il.us
				http://m5.chicago.il.us

			"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"