[UFO Chicago] Chicago LUG Meeting & Gnome Hackfest - Feb 16 at Pumping Station: One

eviljoel eviljoel at linux.com
Mon Feb 11 20:16:36 PST 2013

Hey Everyone,

The Chicago LUG will be having their monthly meeting and Gnome
Hackfest at Pumping Station: One this Saturday at 12:00 PM.  Typically
we start with a couple talks from group members before we break into
open source hacking.  However, this time we have a notable speaker
that I thought you might be interested in.  See below.

Meeting Information:

Where:  Pumping Station: One (3519 N. Elston Ave., Chicago, IL 60618)
When:  February 16th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Website:  http://chicagolug.org/
Cost:  Free

Talks:

Michael Larabel - from phoronix.com will give a talk on the Wayland
Display Server.  Wayland is going to be replacing the aging X.org
display server on our desktops in the not-too-distant future.  Michael
has done a lot of reporting on it (as well as testing of it).

Meg Ford - from the Gnome project will update us on the Gnome
Developer Experience Hackfest.  Meg will talk about future changes to
Gnome which include changes to application sandboxing, improvements to
tooling, a new documentation tool called Gir Doc Tool, improvements to
the developer site and the new "official language" for Gnome
development.

Following the talks, we will work on Gnome development and other open
source projects.

Hope you see you there,
eviljoel