[UFO Chicago] Most annoying way to promote Linux

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Wed Oct 31 18:28:19 PDT 2012

I have been messing around with a program called 'remind' to provide
terminal reminders.  I do this on cygwin because a) I have to run
windows and b) calendar doesn't have a package on cygwin and remind
does.

However, EVERY time I use it, it comes up with this nonsense:

You appear to be running Remind on a Microsoft system.  I'd rather that
you didn't.  Remind execution will continue momentarily.

--

It pauses for 5 seconds to do this.

Considering the man page is 24000 words (vs 4200 for grep), this person
had a little too much time on their hands to decide what a user-friendly
program is.