[UFO Chicago] ntfs on linux

Calvin Pryor calvinpryor at gmail.com
Mon May 7 10:20:28 PDT 2012

Thanks for the many responses on mounting ntfs on linux.
Mounted the partition and copied all the files over to another 1T drive.
I am now running kdiff to check the copies.

Ubuntu Disk Utility read the SMART data for the original hard drive and
reports 20 bad sectors, but I'm still convinced the controller card is also
bad, or breaking bad.
Can a flaky controller cause bad sectors ? I'm just thinking if the
controller bombs out at the right time during a read or write, that could
corrupt the sectors it's working on.