[UFO Chicago] Quick question from a beginner

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Fri Jun 22 12:45:39 PDT 2012

Tell us more about:
reports against the PostgreSQL

I would recommend getting involved (free) with PS1.  There are a bunch
of us who can help you with this, there is a place, and there are all
sorts of other things going on.

http://pumpingstationone.org
3519 N Elston 60618

Join the mail list and #pumpingstationone on freenode.

http://pumpingstationone.org/2012/05/learn-programming-with-python-office-hours/
When: First and Third Thursdays of each month, 7pm, starting May 17
So the next one is July 5 - but ask your same quesiton on the PS1 list
and very likely someone will invite you down much sooner.

I would also recommend looking at  http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/

IRC clients for mac:
(02:41:39 PM) Toba: adium is good too
(02:41:43 PM) Toba: colloquy is ok i hear

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Alex MacKay <chicagomackay at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any assistance is appreciated.
>
> 1) Anyone in the Gold Coast or River North area that can meet for 30 minutes and assist me with basic Unix.  I would appreciate the assistance.  Saturday (tomorrow is out).
> I work on a MacBook, looking to install (correctly) Xcode, Python, PostgreSQL and the other software needed to develop small apps and a database on my laptop.  Run basic reports against the PostgreSQL database.
>
> 2) of the 3 free IRC clients listed on the web site (irssi, xchat, Chatzilla) , which is the best of for Mac OS 10?  Xchat does now work on Mac?  ChatZilla does NOT work on Safari?  Is it narrowed down to irssi?  Use MacPorts to install?  Has anyone used MacIrssi?
>
> 3) the calendar section on the web page mentions meetings second Sunday and fourth Tuesday of every month at Golden Nugget Pancake House but not the time.  Any assistance?

Carl K