[UFO Chicago] Again

Alex MacKay chicagomackay at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 12:47:15 PDT 2012

Hi Gang (and I mean that in a non banger way),

Again, I am taking pen in hand (actually key board and my fingers), to see if there is anyone that can give me a little assistance concerning Unix, Mac BookPro and  installing developer tools, Python, PostgreSQL, xcode, etc.

I understand there is a meeting at the Golden Nugget Pancake House twice a month.  I am usually not able to make those meetings.  Thus, if I can meet at Starbucks etc., in the Gold Coast or River North area for 30 minutes it could help a lot.

Example of assistance I need.  I install the latest production version of Python.  It did not make it to the correct directory, it is not recognized when I start up Python, etc.  I need to uninstall it and find out how to install it.  Yes, I am very new to Unix, etc.

Again, I would appreciate any assistance I can get at a Starbucks, ect., in the Gold Coast / River North area.  30 action packed minutes should do it (hopefully).

Alex MacKay