[UFO Chicago] Flourish Open Source Conference 2011

Aisha Halim aishahalim at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 13:46:37 PST 2010

Hi everyone!

A group of UIC students and other local enthusiasts host this
conference every year. This time around we would like a little more
help for this cause, so if you're interested in speaking, or looking
forward to hanging out at the planning meetings, drop by or lurk the
listserv (more info here: http://www.flourishconf.com/2011/contact) or
contact me directly.

Would welcome your input,

Aisha

---
****Call For Speakers****

*ABOUT FLOURISH*

Now in its fifth year, the Flourish Conference promotes the use and adoption
of Free Libre Open Source Software (FLOSS) by demonstrating the practical
applications of FLOSS for business, academia and the enthusiast community.
Through engaging talks and in-depth workshops, Flourish introduces
participants to new concepts and ideas, gives them the opportunity
(re)connect with the local open-source community, and provides a forum for
healthy debate.

*CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS*

The Flourish organizers are now accepting speaker proposals for Flourish
2011.

There are principally two types of talks: presentations and workshops.

Presentations are typically an hour long (incl. Q&A) and discuss
open-source-related matters of technical, community, or industry import.
Past presentations have been fairly high-level and tackled a diverse array
of topics--from kernel hacking and programming languages to
community/project management and women in open source. Note that, if we get
a lot of proposals for a particular topic, we may opt to build a panel
discussion.

Workshops are usually three hours long and explore a particular topic in an
intensive, hands-on environment. In the past, Flourish has offered workshops
in Android, Websphere, Erlang, Processing, Plone and Drupal. The organizers
provide all the necessary connectivity.

So, do you have expertise to share? Fill out the form on the Flourish site
[LINK] and get it to us by Christmas 2010.

SPEAKER'S NAME:
COMPANY (If applicable):
TITLE (if applicable):
PHONE:
EMAIL:
BIO (1,500 chars):

SUBMITTER'S NAME (if different from above):
COMPANY (If applicable):
TITLE (if applicable):
PHONE:
EMAIL:
BIO (1,500 chars):

TYPE OF TALK:

 - Presentation (One hour, incl. Q&A)
 - Workshop (Three hours)

TITLE OF PRESENTATION/WORKSHOP:
DESCRIPTION OF PRESENTATION/WORKSHOP (1,500 chars):
THREE THINGS THE AUDIENCE WILL LEARN:
SPECIAL AV REQUIREMENTS BEYOND PROJECTOR/INTERNET (e.g., amplified sound for
laptop, multiple microphones, etc.):
T-SHIRT SIZE: {S,M,L,XL,XXL} (Pulldown menu)