[UFO Chicago] wikipedia whining

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Mon Jul 12 20:51:32 PDT 2010

Sorry I couldn't make the meeting last night.

One question I wanted to bring up...does anyone else feel that the super
super strict emphasis on only verifiable facts at Wikipedia has let it to
lose some quality?

I feel many articles I've looked at recently appear to be just strings of
quotes + "facts" from other sources on the internet and lack a coherent
editorial structure.

(It's easy to say that one shouldn't expect this, but I actually think it
did exist and has been lost as some aspects of the community seem to flag
EVERY ARTICLE as having quality problems.)

Thoughts?