[UFO Chicago] Job Opening for a Jr. Network Administrator

Daniel Kelly daniel.jp.kelly at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 07:54:39 PDT 2009

Hey guys! Here's one rare time when you'll get a job offer from someone
who's a group member and not a recruiter. I'm leaving my position at my
company where I've been doing most of the below description plus some other
things, and the company needs to hire someone else (preferably full time) to
fill in. I'm leaving permanently so this is a permanent position. I'm trying
to get into a more programming/scripting oriented position in an open source
environment where *nix is abundant.

Take a look at the offer, and if you or anyone else is interested in it
contact the HR manager Todd Papendick at (630) 633-7006 /
todd at orbuscompany.com - please do not contact me about the offer, I can't
really discuss it, Todd is your man!

You can check out the company at: http://www.orbusinc.com. Our company's
address is 380 Veterans Parkway, Bolingbrook, IL 60440. We're actually a
group of companies called the "P3 Group" and we're currently merging with
our sister company Nimlok Niles, IL. so there's definitely room for growth
in this position.

*Here's the formal job description:*

 Jr. Network Administrator

We are looking for a talented person to help grow the IT team for a fast,
small growing company.

Responsibilities:

   - Provide computer support to end users
   - General tech support
   - Maintain and support Windows servers
   - Administer and manage Active Directory
   - Maintain Microsoft Exchange
   - Oversee daily backups
   - Maintain virus software is updated on servers and clients
   - Troubleshoot PC related problems
   - Install and setup PCs and servers
   - Ensure that software and hardware inventory is kept current
   - Assist with the implementation of special projects

Requirements:

   - Knowledge of Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Microsoft Office 2003
   - Knowledge of PC hardware and troubleshooting
   - Networking experience
   - Wireless experience a plus
   - Excellent customer service skills
   - Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
   - Some knowledge of Macintosh and Linux systems
   - Some familiarity with Microsoft Sharepoint

Thanks,
Dan Kelly