[UFO Chicago] fedora 11 error "ata1 srst failed errno 16"

Politik Durden politikdurden at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 15 17:20:30 PDT 2009

Thanks all for the responses

@Jesse, there's no SATA, only PATA. I tried switching ports around but I will try that boot option

@Daniel, the drive came form a RAID and I was told it was working fine before I purchased it. I got another drive of the exact same model from the same source and that drive works flawlessly in another box. Western Digital low level diag tool came up clean, searching all sectors.

Found some other threads about this error  and it seems pretty harmless. No effect on performance as far as I can tell. It's just a bit odd that the system thinks a drive is failing.

Thanks again for the help.