[UFO Chicago] [DLC]>4G ram/64 bit OS

Politik Durden politikdurden at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 23 15:32:45 PST 2009

Thanks for all the responses. As usual, I've been pointed in the right direction.

I'm leaning toward a full 64 bit OS (instead of PAE) so now the question is, *generally speaking* (I know my mileage may vary), are 64 bit drivers readily available ? Do the major distributions have a compatibility list (similar to Windows Marketplace) that shows the 64 bit devices that have been tested (and have stable drivers) for a particular distro ?

In the past year I've see more average users with 64 bit OSes (Vista) than I've seen in all my years of messing around with computers. Is the same trend happening in the Linux world ?