[UFO Chicago] unlocking a locked computer

Jesse Becker jesse_becker at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 3 12:50:11 PST 2009

Broadly speaking, this should work:

1) power off (cleanly if possible)
2) boot using KNOPPIX, or one of the dedicated linux rescue CDs
3) mount the c:\ partition
4) run some form of password reset program on the Windows files on that partition.

(can't be more specific since I've not had to do this in several years)

--
Jesse Becker
GPG-fingerprint:  BD00 7AA4 4483 AFCC 82D0  2720 0083 0931 9A2B 06A2